Homes as well offices are getting smaller and smaller and real estate prices are increasing these days, As a result many individuals are downsizing and putting extra goods in storage. Items that are not needed at the point or can not be accommodated (because of some restructuring activity, lack of space etc) can be safely kept in warehouses for a specified time frame. Also, due to security reasons, JIT (just in time) practices and many other factors, the warehousing or storage facility has gained special importance. There can be several other reasons because of which private people and businesses need to store goods. Warehouses can safely and conveniently store Computers, documents (in racked archive storage to individual specially designed storage crates), Home furnishings, Antiques, Furs, Linens, Mattresses, Electronic Equipment, Musical Instruments and innumerable other stuff.
Warehousing facility is availed by for corporate, commercial users as well as individuals wherein goods are stored at the responsibility of a service provider, at the destination of choice, for a definite period of time. For export cargo, the movers and packers collect, store and ship in accordance to the client's instructions, at the same time on imports they arrange delivery from port, store and dispatch directly to the specified destination. There are some "bonded warehouses" as well where the goods can be stored (tax free) and which only become due for payment only when the goods are removed.
Movers and Packers offer following advantages on warehousing facility --
1. Delivery of goods by movers and packers as per customers needs
2. Allows easy access to process orders and distribute products quickly and cost effectively.
3. Timely pick-ups and deliveries by way of well maintained fleet of trucks with cargo carrying capacities.
4. Experienced personnel for all the activities like loading, unloading, shipment etc.
5. Latest inventory management method.
6. Complete round the clock security.
7. Adequate pest control measures.
8. Specialized storage systems designed exclusively to meet unique requirements.
9. Convenience in handling large inventories.
10. Professional handling and so no tension of loss or damage.
Some of the common services offered by warehouses are:
» Exact temperature, humidity and other physical conditions
» Fully racked systems
» Bonded facilities
» Complete security
» Receiving and transit sheds
» Truck rentals or free truck service for a set time period
» Home pick up and drop facility or door to locker facility
» Secure scheduled destruction, if required by the client